About the role
The Leader is nominated for a period of 3 years with the possibility for a one-term extension. The
Leader is supported by the CIC Core Team of approximately 18 workstream Co-Leads, all volunteers
who are INSEAD alumni and non-INSEAD volunteers appointed by the Leader on an as-needed basis
in collaboration with the Talent & Culture Team.
The CIC Leader will be a member of the INDEVOR ExCo from April 2024, providing a direct link to
the INSEAD Alumni community.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
1. STRATEGIC POSITIONING:
• Lead a review and revision of the purpose, vision and strategy of the organization;
repeat as needed as CIC direction evolves;
• Lead a review and revision of the CIC’s operating model to reflect the existing
development needs and future opportunities and challenges; ensure the
development and implementation of a governance model, policies, decision-making
processes and structures to take CIC to the next level; repeat as needed as CIC
• Drive setting up and regular review of objectives and workstream alignment for
accountability and achievement of the objectives;
• Decide the Core Team and organisation structure to achieve the CIC’s objectives,
evolving it as needed; hire for it in cooperation with the Talent & Culture team; and
decide on the appointment of volunteers to the Core Team and meet monthly with
each workstream’s leads.
• Lead and motivate the organization to strengthen the community, the Core Team
and volunteers: build enthusiasm, commitment and motivation;
• Guide the culture, live out the CIC values of Trust, Accountability & Service, and
oversee fulfilment of the CIC Code of Conduct for the benefit of the CIC and its
• Inspire the volunteers and followers of CIC to achieve the SDGs (this can optionally
be enhanced by personal example);
3. CHAMPIONING THE CIC:
• Be an external voice of the CIC, bringing an outward-looking mindset; build bridges
and create partnerships with the external organizations, represent CIC and drive CIC
• Build and sustain relationships with INDEVOR, the INSEAD NAAs, the Hoffman Global
Institute for Business and Society, INSEAD, the United Nations and other
• Actively endorse the fundraising activities of the CIC.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competences:
• Inspirational, collaborative, compassionate and inclusive Leadership: leads and inspires CIC vision,
creativity and action to achieve CIC goals;
• Strategic thinking: takes bold decisions, experienced with change management, action-oriented:
drives decision-making and ensures implementation of agreed initiatives, holds people accountable.
Contributes to the implementation of necessary changes, takes risks and aims to make an impact;
• Excellent Communicator, builder of bridges: Communicates and deals effectively with the various
constituents (volunteers, INDEVOR, Alumni Associations, Alumni Relations Office, Alumni at large,
INSEAD, external parties etc.)
For the Leader, CIC seeks a person who:
1. Shows tangible evidence of a passion for SDGs;
2. Is an alumna/alumnus of INSEAD;
3. Is a senior individual with the credibility, based upon successful leadership experience, to
lead and motivate an international volunteer organization;
4. Has sufficient professional freedom and/or private resources (time, energy) to contribute to
5. Is willing to dedicate at least 3 to 8 days per month from any location with an availability to
participate in INSEAD’s key events in person;
6. Ideally, will have had experience and or exposure within an Alumni Association and or in a
similar organization which is volunteer-based and in a start-up phase;
7. Has the highest aspirations for the CIC but stays modest personally;
8. Should not have any business or financial interest in the affairs of the CIC or INSEAD and
INSEAD related organizations.
HOW TO APPLY / NOMINATE
To nominate candidates or to apply yourself please send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, providing contact details and a short motivational
statement and CV. Someone from the Selection Committee will follow up with you.
Application deadline: Sunday January 28th, 2024, 11pm PST.
Interviews will be held in February 2024.
Questions? Connect with CIC's Talent & Culture Team:
Liz Barrett: linkedin.com/in/elizabeth-m-barrett/
Alina Ignatieva: linkedin.com/in/alina-ignatieva-a687824/